- A quotation can be provided to take steps to recover an unpaid invoice (of a value between £3,000 to £100,000) which is not disputed by sending a letter of claim and, if required, issuing a money claim. We are unable to provide an online quotation to commence insolvency proceedings. Should you wish to discuss potential insolvency proceedings please contact us by email or telephone. Please note that the costs quoted do not include the costs of enforcing a judgment, such as the bailiff. Please also note that our quoted costs do not include a full review of any documentation/evidence in support of your claim. A separate quotation for reviewing any documentation/evidence can be provided on request.
- The quote calculator is only for work where the relevant fee earner is not a qualified solicitor. Where debt recovery work is carried out by qualified solicitors our hourly rates will apply and we can provide a quote on request (by email to email@example.com). The costs incurred will depend on the complexity of the work and the time taken.
- If your debtor disputes your claim at any point or responds to the letter of claim, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with a revised quotation about costs if necessary.
- If judgment is obtained and payment is not received within 14 days, we will provide you with advice on the next steps and the likely costs of enforcing the judgment.
- If your debtor is an individual or a sole trader, the Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims will apply (https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/pdf/protocols/debt-pap.pdf). This means it could take between 1 and 6 months from the receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from your debtor, depending on whether your debtor responds to the initial letter and whether it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that your debtor pays promptly on receipt of Judgment. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.
- If your debtor is not an individual or a sole trader, it could take between 1 and 3 months from the receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from your debtor, depending on whether your debtor responds to the initial letter and whether it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that your debtor pays promptly on receipt of Judgment. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.
- Our quotation includes:
- Taking your instructions;
- Sending a letter of claim;
- Receiving payment and sending payment onto you, or, if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing the claim;
- Where no Acknowledgement of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgment in default;
- When Judgment in default is received, writing to the debtor to request payment.
- Please note, if it is necessary to issue the claim the court fee will be added to the claimed amount. Unless the claim is over £10,000, the majority of other costs will not be recovered from your debtor. You should consider this carefully before deciding to instruct us. Other service providers may look to recover these costs from your debtor.
From time to time we would like to contact you by with details of similar services we provide which may be of interest. If you consent to us using your details for this purpose, please complete our Marketing subscription form by following the link below :